Saturday, August 7, 2010

I applied for a position as a case worker. How do I study for the Civil Service Test?

I need this job!!! I'm located in the central New Jersey area. I have already interviewed with the board of social services and they are just waiting to receive my background check to clear that. Also, I must score within the top three applicants for the position. The job is a ft social work position that pays very well and I actually would like to go back to school (perhaps get a MSW). I wanted to know if this job would actually assist me in my plans to go back to school? Btw, I am a recent college grad and I would love to know anything about social work since this job is a social services position.





My job primarily would be dealing with the working poor, homeless and financially unstable families/single mothers, etc.


The responsibilities include: aiding them with money or government funds, welfare, food stamps, etc. Great hours and very good pay. If any social workers are out there, message me!I applied for a position as a case worker. How do I study for the Civil Service Test?
You don't indicate what your BA degree is in. If you have a BSW you will be well prepared for the exam (if NOT - you will be at a significant disadvantage. To study you might get a social work practice text - and a casework text specifically.





Some social service agencies will help employees go back and get their MSW (usually in the form of paypack). You can check with the agency directly.





DA

No comments:

Post a Comment