Saturday, August 7, 2010

Is this smart right after I did a drug test for my job, I went and had one done on my own in case they ?

tried to sabotage the one they gave me to set me up further and make me look like a drug addict, so if they did do that it will back fire greatly and I will have great proof on many levels, what do you thinkIs this smart right after I did a drug test for my job, I went and had one done on my own in case they ?
Smart? Why wouldn't it be (or for that matter, why would it be?)





Paranoid? Yes. A problem? No.Is this smart right after I did a drug test for my job, I went and had one done on my own in case they ?
A waste. No matter what the result is, you are probably ';at will'; employment, which means you can quit or they can fire you at any time, for any reason. Why would they go through the trouble to set you up? They can just cite something like ';poor productivity'; and fire you.





Let's say the test they gave you was positive, and the test you took on your own was negative. Unless you got it done at the same clinic, they could easily say that the test you paid for was not as sensitive as the one they gave you.





';At will'; employment is the most common type of employment in America. Like I said, it means that you can quit at any time, and they can fire you at any time. The other main type of employment is anything with a contract (including union jobs). A contract may stipulate that you will work from X date until Y date, or if you are in a union, they will supposedly back you up if your employer were to try to fire you.





Because you are probably at will, your employer can let you go for any reason. Surely you haven't been 100% perfect at your job, and if they really wanted to fire you, they could find some reason without resorting to tampering with drug test results.





Which leads to my next point: There is no way they could have sabotaged your test, unless they just had you pee in a cup in the office and said they would take care of everything else. If they sent you to a clinic, then only clinic employees had access to your test. If it all gets tested by the same people, as you say, then why would one test fail?





And it really doesn't matter if the test you paid for is ';better.'; If the company has a policy to get all drug tests done at a certain clinic, then they aren't going to bother with the results you got from another clinic. And don't count on your clinic giving you any support in proving that their methods are superior - why would they?





The likelihood of someone at your work and someone involved in your drug test both being in the same frat, and conspiring to get you fired, is preposterously low. Again, they can fire you for any reason. If you are a good employee, they won't fire you.





I strongly suggest that you seek out psychiatric help. Everything you are saying is reminding me of someone I personally knew who had a severe mental illness.
A waste of time and money. Should the original test be tainted, there is a second sample, that you initialed, that you can pay to have tested. Your money will be refunded if it comes up clean. Tests are taken, sealed and sent out for testing after being supervised by you and initialed.
i think it was a waste. yours probably wouldn't hold up anyway because you could have had someone else take the test for you

No comments:

Post a Comment